Sunday, November 1, 2009

our week in a nutshell...

I've said it many times but I just LOVE the weather here in the Springs!!!  We got some snow on Wednesday and Thursday...enough for Brandon to actually have 2 snow days.  I, on the other hand, wasn't lucky enough to get out of school.  When I got home from work on Thursday I actually got stuck in the middle of our street.  We live on a pretty big hill and it can be quite challenging to get up and down if there's snow on the ground.  After trying 8 times, I called Brandon from the car and told him I was stuck.  He came to my rescue and got the car parked for me.  About 10 minutes later, Brandon looks out the window and sees my car SLIDING DOWN THE STREET!  We frantically ran out (in our socks) and got the car stopped.  Pretty crazy weather for October, huh?  Thankfully things can change in a matter of hours.  Friday it was back to being sunny and gorgeous!  Brandon and I took a little weekend vacation to Denver and just enjoyed some time hanging out together.  We came back in time to go burrito trick-or-treating at Chipotle with our friends.  We managed to get free burritos at 3 locations and Brandon has a nice stash in the freezer :)  I don't know if our kids will ever actually know about Halloween...they will probably grow up thinking that it's just the day that daddy gets really excited about stocking up on Chipotle ;)

1 comment:

Marie said...

I can't even believe your car slid down the road....craziness. Taking a weekend trip to Denver was a great idea. I'm sure it was nice to have some time to yourselves. I really miss you guys. It feels weird here without you.