Monday, February 15, 2010

The Day We've Been Waiting For!!!!!

I FINALLY get to share our big news with the world!....We're expecting a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, we're having a little one in late August, and we're SO excited!!!

We actually found out I was pregnant the first day of Christmas break and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. It was so exciting to share the news with our family in person over the holidays. Normally that wouldn't happen since we live so far away from everyone, but seeing their expressions in person was just priceless :)

Since then we've had our first ultrasound and got to watch our baby's tiny arms and legs move on the screen. It was pretty awesome! Our second appointment is tomorrow and we're looking forward to hearing that little heart beat.

I realize the changes are pretty minimal, but here are some pics we've taken to document this momentous season of our lives :)


Month 1
The day we found out we were pregnant :)


Month 2
I just happen to be wearing the same sweater one month later ;)


Our almond sized baby!


Month 3
Not too much has changed.


Our lemon sized baby! It's had quite the growth spurt ;)

Stay tuned for more updates and fun pictures of my growing belly!

7 comments:

amybodde said...

Adorable! Keep up the fruit pics, that is the cutest idea. So happy for you guys! You will find such great joy being parents!

Love, Amy

Andrea said...

I've been waiting for this day too!!!! I love the pictures with the food! So cute! Oh...and in case I haven't said it enough, I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU TWO!

Marina said...

Awww!!! SO excited for you guys! My eyes welled up as I was reading. You guys are going to bless the heck out of the new little Eck! Can't wait to stay updated! Love you guys! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Keri said...

Yay, yay, yay!!!! Congratulations! That is SUCH exciting news!!!

julia said...

yay!! i am so happy it's been announce and you are blogging about it:) i just love you guys and am soooo excited to see you next month!!! what size fruit will he/she be by the end of march?? i love you!!

Rachel said...

Thanks Girls!!!!!!!! It makes my heart happy to share this with you! :) I'm definitely planning on keeping up with the food pics. Jules, when you're here the baby will be the size of a bell pepper ;)

We got to hear the heartbeat yesterday and everything sounded just right :)

Anonymous said...

This is a cool way to chronicle your pregnancy. Thanks for sharing your blog with us.