Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Pregnancy Weirdisms

It's only month 3, but there are already a few funny things I've noticed about being pregnant...

1) I NEVER thought this could happen, but I absolutely cannot stand the smell of coffee anymore. I'm the person that could have had a pot a day, but those days are gone. Amy reassures me that my love for a good cup of joe can return someday ;)

2) I have a new love for pickles and cucumbers. It sounds cliche, I know, but it's true!

3) The ONLY thing I've wanted for lunch for the last week and a half is a cucumber sandwich...yep, it's true! It happened by accident. We were having hot roast beef sandwiches one day and I just couldn't get myself to eat the meat. Instead I ended up with a delicious concoction made of french bread, ranch dressing, monterey jack cheese and cucumber slices. Mmmm...it's SO tasty ;)

4) Sleeping is no longer any fun! No, it's not because I have to get up to use the restroom. It's because I literally can't fall asleep. It's always so depressing to know you have to get up for work in 2 hours and you haven't really slept for more than 15 minutes at a time.

5) Heartburn really stinks!!! I already have heartburn every night after dinner. Thankfully my doctor informed that I shouldn't have anything to eat or drink...not even water...after dinner. She was right! I haven't had heartburn for 2 nights in a row!!! :)

Well, that's my short list for now. I'm looking forward to the day I can say things about feeling my baby move or hiccup ;) As of now it's hard to believe this tiny life really is in there!

5 comments:

Keri said...

I with you on the coffee. When I'm pregnant it smells like a cup of butt!!

Andrea said...

Um...I'm waiting to hear about your appointment :). And my mom couldn't handle coffee either. I also craved pickles - but not as much anymore. Recently I have wanted Laffy Taffy...

Amanda said...

I always wanted tomato sandwiches. But not store bought tomatoes...oh no. That would have been to easy. I wanted REAL garden tomatoes! Mmmm.....

Sorry about the heartburn! My midwife always told me if you had a lot of heart burn then your baby was going to have lots of hair. :) Cute thought!

Marie said...

I had killer heartburn too. I was drinking cups of hot chocolate w/ milk at night and chewing mint gum only to find out that those things make it worse! Oops!

I felt the same way about coffee in the beginning of my pregnancies, but I enjoyed it again in the middle and I can safely say that the obsession has fully returned to normal. Or worse. :)

Have you by chance craved any hot and cold beverages (at the same time)? :)

Rachel said...

It's so funny to hear all the random things everyone craves :)

Andrea, I've been meaning to give you an update since the appointment...this has just been a crazy week! I've actually been home sick for 3 days in a row now. I have the worst head cold thing I've ever had. My head has felt like exploding since Monday! I still went to my appointment on Tuesday because I wanted to hear that heartbeat and make sure this little babe is doing okay. Sure enough it is! :) It was one of those appointments where you wait longer for the doctor than you actually visit with her ;) Everything's lookin' good, though!