Sunday, March 13, 2011

Perhaps this is my destiny...

I've been doing a lot of thinking as we prepare to make a gigantic life change in our family. I'd say moving to Vegas is a pretty big deal! Yes, if you haven't heard the news, we're moving to Vegas. And although it sounds a little crazy, I'm beginning to see just how perfect it all is.

God is showing me just how much He's been preparing me for this. It turns out, being a Missionary Kid was the perfect training ground for me. I think I'm just now appreciating my life experiences in a whole new way.

I remember times of wishing we had 'regular' jobs, so that we wouldn't have to worry so much about money, and I remember how hard it was to be far away from family. Now, here I am 20 years later, and I'm about to do the same thing all over again. Crazy, huh? Well, not really. I'm learning just how ready I am for this.

I'm so thankful I got to have such a wonderful mom to watch over the years. She has really shown me what it's like to support your husband, whole heartedly. My parents also showed me what it's like to live a life of trusting the Lord (not your circumstances). And that's what I'm doing. I'm trusting that God will provide everything we need; not because He has to, but because He loves to.

Getting to go to Destiny Church is just proof of that. I've always dreamt of being a pastor's wife. It was one of those kinds of dreams that you just don't expect God to deliver on, but He did! I've always wanted to get to play a key role in our church, both administratively and in leading women's ministry, and God is giving me that too! I always had this silly dream of living near the mountains, and He's even giving me that! I mean seriously, I'm so blessed!

Will there be challenges ahead? Of course! But I'm just going to try to remind myself of how much God has far exceeded my expectations and how perfect His plans are for me. In the past, those challenges have had purpose and I know the same will be true down the road.

I'm so thankful I get to live the adventurous kingdom life! It turns out, I really wouldn't want it any other way (despite what I thought when I was a kid)! :)

4 comments:

Hope in a Basket said...

Very Inspriational

nat said...

What a great insight & reflection. Sounds like Father is giving you just a glimpse of the bigger picture! Love you!

amybodde said...

Love it Rach!!! You are awesome. I am so proud of you guys for going for it.

Amy

Marie said...

You are pretty amazing, you know. I am so thankful to be your friend. I can't wait to read more about your adventures. I am so inspired by the attitude you've had this whole time. You've been real about it by admitting that it has been hard, yet you haven't lost your faith that God wants the best for you. Your trust in Him and in Brandon has always been steadfast. It has really inspired me to stay calm and trust with this crazy-selling-our house-two-months-before-I'm-supposed-to-have-a-baby thing. :)