Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We Made It!!!!

Well, sort of! We are officially in Las Vegas, but we have been residing at the Best Western since Sunday night. Not exactly how we had envisioned this move working out ;)

Brandon pulled into town Saturday evening to find out that the utilities had in fact not be turned on as they were supposed to be. In hindsight, that was our little blessing in disguise. It turned out that the carpets needed some major tlc before we moved in anyways.

I think things will only get better from here! I'm looking forward to checking out of this hotel today and heading over to our new home. We now have a clean smelling house, with running water and electricity...sounds like a good start to me :)

I can't wait to start unpacking! It's going to be like Christmas morning (times a million)!!! I haven't seen most of my things in over a year and a half. I truly don't even remember what I own anymore ;)

Organizing and decorating are two of my favorite things, and I have plenty of that to do in the near future.

Then there's the whole new adventure of figuring out a new city...where's the closest WalMart and Target?, where's the closest walking trail?, where's the cool place to meet friends for dinner?...

Well, as soon as I find my camera, I'll post some pictures of our new house :)

2 comments:

amybodde said...

Exciting Rach! Can't wait to see! Glad you guys are there and settling in.

annaelyse said...

rach. this is soo exciting! i love new adventures and all that they bring!!!!