Thursday, October 8, 2009

The end of a very long journey...

I can FINALLY say that I will be back to work next week!  I wasn't sure when I'd be able to say those words again ;)  The job search began last May and, at times, felt like I would never find something.  Although this process was super hard for me, I can definitely say that I've grown because of it.  That's why life with God is SO GOOD!  He can take those difficult and challenging times and actually make us better through them.  You don't have that if you're not doing life with Him!  I can't imagine how hopeless I would have felt if I didn't have Him to hold on to.  As His child, I ALWAYS know He will see me through things.  I am SO thankful for that!!!

My new job will actually be very similar to what I did back in Kansas.  I will be a Math Interventionist.  That basically means I will be working with kiddos that are struggling in math and need an extra boost.  I'm thankful that I will get to use the skills and experience I have from my previous jobs.  Another huge bonus is that my breaks and schedule will be the same as Brandon's.  Yeah for more time with him! :)

To all of you that were praying for us, THANK YOU!!!!  It means so much!  And if any of you are going through a similar journey...hang on; God has GREAT plans for you too.  He just might be teaching you some things about yourself along the way.

6 comments:

Marie said...

I'm so happy for you!!

Marie said...

What does EP mean btw? I'm so nosy!

Anonymous said...

Rach~ That's fantastic news! Really happy for you! God is good all the time! :)

Katie

amybodde said...

Yay Rach!! That is perfect for you. And for Marie- EP is short for "eternal perspective", which I think Rach and I made up when we lived together. When we were nearly in tears over bad haircuts, we would remind each other to have an "EP" about it, and then it would seem much less important. :)

Marie said...

Oooh I'll have to keep that saying in mind like when Addison cuts her own hair and the cats' hair.

nat said...

So awesome, Rach! I need to get together with you and hear more of the details!