Sunday, October 18, 2009

One week down...

I FINALLY made it through my first week of work.  It started out pretty rocky, but things brightened up in the end.  To be quite honest, my first day was a total joke.  No one really knew what to have me do, so I ended up observing a teacher at a different school.  That was a fine idea except for the fact that she was getting ready to do 'lunch duty' when I showed up.  So what should Rachel do during that time?...Oh, we should have her serve the Ranch Dressing.  What a great idea!?!  I squirted Ranch on at least 100 lunch trays....not exactly what I had planned on doing that day.  Eventually I observed her classroom and everything ended just fine.  But this is when the story just gets interesting!  I'm on my way home from school when I decide to hit the curb while making a right turn.  I decided I would pull over just to see if anything happened, but figured everything would be just fine.  NOT THE CASE!  It turns out I gashed my tire and busted the plastic trim right off the side of my car.  My first instinct was to call Brandon and start balling.  The hero that he is, drove across town to put the spare tire on for me.  However, the damage I did was significant enough to jam the wheel and end up making us get it towed.  5 hours later I made it home and tried to put the horrible day behind me with a giant bowl of ice cream.  I'm just hoping this week will be better!!!! :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

This is just a check....apparently the comment section isn't always working.

Marina said...

I hope this week has started off much better! Sounds like a rough day! :) Hope you at least got paid for that day of ranch-squirting! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rach! Hope you're having a better week. Stay encouraged! :)

Katie (a.k.a. "Sis")